In our daily life Information technology plays a huge role in today’s lifestyle.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Everyday technology changes all the time. We, too, have to learn and adapt to keep up with the changes in technology. However, technology has both advantages and disadvantages at the same time. So that we have knowledge and can use technology usefully and safely It is necessary to have knowledge about the knowledge of the following areas
1. Media Literacy
2. Guidelines for safe and ethical use of information technology
3. Personal data protection
4. Dealing with online harassment
5. Copyright and ownership of the work
6. Laws relating to computers and computer crimes
The concept of media literacy was born along with the advancements in communication technology that have occurred with various media since the era of radio broadcasting. Television in analog systems (Analog) until stepping into the information age where various media communicate through digital systems It was an era in which various media were assimilated together.
Is a web hosting Provider that offers a wide range of hosting services, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable hosting provider, WebHosting UK is definitely worth considering.WebHosting UK Review:
The advancement of communication technology that allows people in any corner of the world to have access to information is another aspect that cannot be denied is that these advances in communication technology have empowered with the messenger These are usually large journalism organizations with so much capital that few people can afford to own the media.
And driven by economic factors A communication system from where the power is concentrated in the sender to transfer to the receiver by cultivating the concept of media literacy. This is a social change that leads to the realization of the importance of installing media literacy mechanisms.
So the following question arises: What will happen if the public consumes information content?
Especially children and youth Consume the substance without carefully analyzing the content of the information. The enormous amount of information that the media presents from the situation when everyone cannot avoid the status of the audience who has to face receiving information. With the large amount of news presented by the media for various purposes, media literacy is therefore an important and necessary mechanism. So we have to protect ourselves.
By having to know as much as the media Because if we choose not to be exposed to messages and media at all We may miss important information for our lives, or if we are open to substances and communication that is useless to our face, it will have more negative impacts than positive. The consequence of media ignorance is that the audience loses their perception of the real world. But will only perceive the world through the eyes of the media That means the audience is accepting everything the media says.
Without questioning, negotiating, resisting, definition, telling the story Creating representations of things through the eyes of the media. It is therefore necessary for humans to have media literacy abilities to cope with today’s ubiquitous media. The ability to be media literate has 4 components as follows:
1. The ability to access media and messages is the ability to find sources. Selection and management, screening, decoding of information in various types of media. And the ability to use media and technologies such as print, video, computers and the Internet.
2. The ability to analyze media and messages is the ability to understand media and content, to be able to interpret, classify, define the form of work. Using cause-and-effect analysis and inference which is based on prior knowledge, experience and decisions about media and content Including the ability to tell the purpose of the media producer.
3. The ability to evaluate media and messages is the ability to judge the value and usefulness of the message to the audience. By using the evaluation of media and moral-based messages self ethics and still relying on the existing knowledge base to interpret the meaning of the substance Including identifying the values and values of the substance. And appreciate the quality of work in terms of aesthetics and art
4. The ability to create communication and message is the ability to understand and recognize the interest of the audience. They can create their own personalized message from a variety of tools and media. Using the hierarchy of ideas use of symbols in communication and use media production skills such as review, publishing, video production and editing, speaking, etc.
The Center for Media Literacy also introduced a skill framework called “Process Skills: Success for Life,”
A guide to the skills young people will need to move into the 21st century, in its Learning for the 21st Century report. By leaders of Egos and educators Under the concept of CML MediaLit KitTM, students will not only increase their knowledge of the current media content. But learners must learn and practice the following skills.
1. Accessibility is a skill in which learners are able to retain relevant information. And make use of that information. As well as understanding the meaning, that is, the learners are able to remember understand vocabulary, symbols, communication techniques, classify information according to the purpose of work
2. Analysis is a skill in which learners are able to consider the design of media content, its structure, and can use concepts https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/content/edit/984211#in art, literature, society, politics, and economy to understand the context in which the news content is created, such as using knowledge. Experience predicts the outcome. Interpret news using the concepts of purpose, audience, point of view, style, genre, personality, plot, theme, emotion, scene and context. Use strategies such as comparison, argumentation, factual statement, opinion, cause and effect, and sequencing. And the consequences
3. Assessment is a skill by which learners are able to relate material to their experience and judge the validity, quality, and relevance of the material, e.g. And different styles Evaluate the quality of content based on content and form, judge the value of content based on moral, religious and democratic principles. Able to interact whether by writing, printing, or electronically dealing with a variety of complex contents
4. Creativity is a skill in writing that expresses creativity, using words, using sounds and images effectively for a variety of purposes. Able to use technology to create, edit and disseminate content such as brainstorming, planning, planning and reviewing processes. Effective use of spoken and written language master the rules of language usage Efficiently create and select images to achieve a wide range of goals. Use communication technology to create content, etc.
Media Literacy Learning Framework By asking the learners with a framework of 5 questions, namely:
1. Who is this messenger? And what is the purpose of the speaker?
2. What techniques do you used to attract attention?
3. How are lifestyles, values, viewed in this text?
4. How do different audiences interpret this message differently?
5. What is this message neglecting?
The 5-question set will be used to analyze four different forms of media: advertising, persuasion and propaganda. Tell stories in various entertainment media and represent images of gender, race, and ideologies that appear in the media content. Examples of analytical approaches, such as comparing the contents of narratives in different media An analysis of representations of men and women in advertising media. Techniques used in print media A study of documentary media content in print media.
Media literacy is therefore very important as a skill and ability of learners in the 21st century who can choose to analyze information and news, especially media transmitted through the Internet. Or social media Consider by questioning the media we choose to receive. Evaluation of communication based on morality and ethics, we will not be a victim of that media.
How can technology make life better?
Technology That Influences Human Life
We need the right skills and equipment to survive in our defense
Get to know our OFFICIAL WEBSITE website. If you want our details
- 10 Least Reliable Sports Cars Of The Last Decade10 Least Reliable Sports Cars Of The Last Decade, Feeling rejected hurts. It undermines your confidence and makes you doubt Read More :
- 2B Technologies2B Technologies World leaders in the late 1980s, notably Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, Read More :
- 9 not to miss security settings in your Android smartphone9 not to miss security settings in your Android smartphone, Feeling rejected hurts. It undermines your confidence and makes you doubt your worth Read More :
People Managing People is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site – learn more about how we aim to stay transparent